Young Farmers & Ranchers Achievement Award
The Young Farmers & Ranchers Achievement Award recognizes young
farmers and ranchers in Arkansas who have excelled in their
farming/ranching operations and exhibited outstanding leadership
abilities. The award is designed for an individual or couple involved
full-time in production agriculture with a majority of their income
subject to normal production risks. Competitors are judged on a
- Farming operation growth and financial progress.
- Leadership within and outside of Farm Bureau.
- Excellence in operation management and scope.
- Self-initiative displayed throughout the development of their operation.
ENTRY DEADLINE IS JULY 15
Achievement Award Application and Entry Form
Applicants for the Achievement Award competition must meet the following criteria:
- Submit photos in electronic format consisting of two family portraits and two shots representative of the farming operation. They should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be actively engaged in farming or ranching with the majority of income coming from production agriculture.
- Must be a member in good standing with their county Farm Bureau.
- May be an individual or a married couple (husband and wife).
- Must be a voting Farm Bureau member between the ages of 18
and 35. The individual or spouse will not have reached their 36th
birthday by January 31st of the year following the Arkansas State Farm
Bureau Convention at which the competitive event is held. If the spouse
is over 35 years of age, the applicant must apply as an individual.
- Past and present members of the American Farm Bureau Young
Farmers and Ranchers Committee or their spouses are not eligible to
- Previous Arkansas Achievement Award winners, and/or winners
of the American Farm Bureau Achievement Award are not eligible to
- County, state and national Farm Bureau employees and employees of affiliate companies are not eligible.
- Applicants may compete in only one state or national event per year.
The winner of the Arkansas Achievement Award receives:
- $40,000 credit for the purchase of a new Chevrolet Vehicle at Stanley Wood Chevrolet.
- Trip to the American Farm Bureau convention to compete in the national contest.