Print this page
Sign Up
Want more news? Sign up for our free e-letter!


Farmers need to certify utility meters for sales tax exemption

10/15/2013 at 10:15 a.m.

Farmers who are eligible for the sales tax exemption on utilities detailed in Act 1441 of 2013 (HB 1039) will need to get their utility accounts and meters certified by the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration in order to receive their exemption. Forms for certification are on the Arkansas Farm Bureau website.

Farmers will submit their paperwork to DF&A for certification. The agency will then send a certificate that farmers provide to their utility companies. The exemption starts Jan. 1, 2014 but utility providers will not apply the exemption without proper documentation. A fact sheet detailing the process is here.

Back to List