The Young Farmers and Ranchers program provides opportunities for young men and women between the ages of 18 and 35 to actively participate in county and state Farm Bureau organizations and events. As members of county committees, men and women in YF&R programs are given opportunities to engage in activities that:
- Acquaint young members with, and increase their involvement in, Farm Bureau.
- Develop capable rural leadership.
- Influence public policies and provide workable solutions for issues that affect agriculture.
- Build a network with fellow farmers, ranchers and agriculture supporters.
The YF&R program also provides opportunities to earn recognition for achievements in agriculture, business and leadership through the YF&R Awards program.
Follow any of the helpful links below to learn more about the program, awards, entry deadlines, etc.:
- Facebook Page
- State Committee
- YF&R Guidelines
- Achievement Award
- Excellence in Ag Award
- Discussion Meet
- Teacher Grant
- Achievement Award Application & Entry Form (Download to desktop or "Enable Editing" to complete form)
- Excellence in Agriculture Award Application and Entry Form (Download to desktop or "Enable Editing" to complete form)
- Discussion Meet Application and Entry Form
- Teacher Grant Form
The Arkansas Farm Bureau State Young Farmers and Ranchers committee has developed a $500 teacher grant for classroom teachers. The grant’s purpose is to promote ag literacy in K-12 classrooms across the state. It will also be a resource for those teachers who want to bring agriculture education into their school. There will be seven grants awarded this school year.