The Young Farmers & Ranchers Achievement Award recognizes young farmers and ranchers in Arkansas who have excelled in their farming/ranching operations and exhibited outstanding leadership abilities. The award is designed for an individual or couple involved full-time in production agriculture with a majority of their income subject to normal production risks. Competitors are judged on a combination of:
- Farming operation growth and financial progress.
- Leadership within and outside of Farm Bureau.
- Excellence in operation management and scope.
- Self-initiative displayed throughout the development of their operation.
ENTRY DEADLINE IS NOW FEBRUARY 26
Applicants for the Achievement Award competition must meet the following criteria:
- Submit photos in electronic format consisting of two family portraits and two shots representative of the farming operation. They should be emailed to: email@example.com
- Must be actively engaged in farming or ranching with the majority of income coming from production agriculture.
- Must be a member in good standing with their county Farm Bureau.
- May be an individual or a married couple (husband and wife).
- Must be a voting Farm Bureau member between the ages of 18 and 35. The individual or spouse will not have reached their 36th birthday by January 31st of the year following the Arkansas State Farm Bureau Convention at which the competitive event is held. If the spouse is over 35 years of age, the applicant must apply as an individual.
- Past and present members of the American Farm Bureau Young Farmers and Ranchers Committee or their spouses are not eligible to compete.
- Previous Arkansas Achievement Award winners, and/or winners of the American Farm Bureau Achievement Award are not eligible to compete.
- County, state and national Farm Bureau employees and employees of affiliate companies are not eligible.
- Applicants may compete in only one state or national event per year.
The winner of the Arkansas Achievement Award receives:
- $35,000 cash prize for the winner
- $5,000 cash prizes for two runners-up.
The winner of the national YF&R Achievement Award will be determined during AFBF’s 99th Annual Convention on Jan. 5-10, 2018 in Nashville, Tennessee. The winner will receive:
- a 2018 Ford truck and paid registration to the AFBF YF&R Leadership Conference in Reno, Nevada on Feb.16-19, 2018. The Achievement Award truck is provided courtesy of Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance.
The runner-up will receive:
- a Case IH Farmall 50A tractor, courtesy of Case IH.
The third place finalist will receive:
- a Case IH 40” Combination Roll Cabinet & Top Chest and $500 Case IH parts card, courtesy of Case IH and $2,000 of Stanley Black & Decker merchandise (PROTO, Dewalt, Stanley, Lenox & Irwin) courtesy of Stanley Black & Decker.
The fourth place winner will receive:
- a Case IH 40” Combination Roll Cabinet & Top Chest and $500 Case IH parts card, courtesy of Case IH.