Arkansas Farm Bureau is seeking Arkansas members and entrepreneurs to apply for the American Farm Bureau Ag Innovation Challenge. Now in its 10th year, this national business competition showcases U.S. startups developing innovative solutions that address challenges facing America’s farmers, ranchers, and rural communities.
As one of the largest agriculture producing states in the country, this is an opportunity to showcase the innovation taking place in Arkansas.
The American Farm Bureau is offering $165,000 in startup funds throughout the course of the competition, which will culminate in the top 10 semi-finalists competing in a live pitch competition in front of Farm Bureau members, investors and industry representatives at the AFBF Convention in January 2024 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Applications remain open through May 12, and the 10 semi-finalist teams will be announced Sept. 12. Each of the semi-finalist teams will be awarded $10,000 and a chance to compete to advance to the final round where four teams will receive an additional $5,000 each. The final four teams will compete to win:
- Farm Bureau Ag Innovation Challenge Winner, for a total of $50,000
- Farm Bureau Ag Innovation Challenge Runner-up, for a total of $20,000
- People’s Choice Team selected by public vote, for an additional $5,000 (all 10 semi-finalist teams compete for this honor)
- Application deadline: May 12, 2023 at 11:59 EDT
- Applicants must be a member of a state Farm Bureau at the time of submission of the application. Applicant must be headquartered or have a significant business presence in the state in which it is a Farm Bureau member.
- All businesses entered The Challenge must be for-profit. Non-profit businesses are not eligible.
- Applicant Team Lead (who, in the event applicant is a legal entity, should be the most senior ranking officer or employee) must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
- Businesses who have received a funding round beyond Series A (or a comparable funding round) are not eligible to compete in The Challenge.
To learn more and apply, please click on this link: https://www.fb.org/news-release/apply-for-farm-bureau-ag-innovation-challenge-by-may-12
For more information, please contact Mark Lambert at firstname.lastname@example.org.