Arkansas Farm Bureau is seeking Arkansas members and entrepreneurs to apply for the American Farm Bureau Ag Innovation Challenge. This is a national business competition that showcases U.S. startups developing innovative solutions that address challenges facing America’s farmers, ranchers, and rural communities.
As one of the largest agriculture producing states in the country, this is an opportunity to showcase the innovation taking place in Arkansas.
Ten startup businesses, selected by American Farm Bureau and the Farm Credit Rural Investment and Innovation Workgroup, will compete at the AFBF Convention in January 2022 as semi-finalists. These ten businesses will be awarded $10,000 each.
The 10 semi-finalist teams will compete at the AFBF Convention in January 2023 to advance to the final round where the four finalist teams will receive an additional $5,000 for a total of $15,000. The final four teams will compete live in front of Farm Bureau members, investors, and industry representatives to win:
- Ag Innovation Challenge Winner, for a total of $50,000
- Ag Innovation Challenge Runner-Up, for a total of $20,000
- People’s Choice Team, for an additional $5,000
- Application deadline: April 29, 2022 at 11:59 EDT
- Applicants must be a member of a state Farm Bureau at the time of submission of the application. Applicant must be headquartered or have a significant business presence in the state in which it is a Farm Bureau member.
- All businesses entered The Challenge must be for-profit. Non-profit businesses are not eligible.
- Applicant Team Lead (who, in the event applicant is a legal entity, should be the most senior ranking officer or employee) must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
- Businesses who have received a funding round beyond Series A (or a comparable funding round) are not eligible to compete in The Challenge.
To learn more and apply, please click on this link: https://www.fb.org/land/ag-innovation-challenge-2022
For more information, please contact Philip Powell, Assistant Director of Local Affairs and Rural Development at Philip.firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 366-0110.